The Kentucky Center Ticket Service is funded by order fees. Order fees are standard in the ticketing industry when ordering over the phone or on the internet and cover the cost of staff, hardware, maintenance, software, and licensing for our 24/7/365 operation.
Frequently asked questions about fees:
- "The Kentucky Center already makes money based on the face value of the ticket. Why do you charge extra fees on top of that?"
The ticket cost portion of purchases goes to the various presenting organizations. The Kentucky Center Ticket Service retains the order fees from each transaction.
- "Isn't The Kentucky Center a non-profit organization that is funded by the state? Why do you need these additional fees?"
Although The Kentucky Center receives approximately 5% of its total operating budget from the state, all funds received are allocated to the building and Governor’s School for the Arts. Therefore we have to generate other sources of revenue to maintain the day-to-day staffing and operation costs enabling us to offer online ticketing and our various education and community art programs.
- "Why can't the fees be rolled into the ticket price?"
Because the Center does not retain the ticketing revenue for most performances in our theatres, we cannot roll that fee into the price of the ticket itself. We also want to be clear and forthcoming about the charges for each order.
Options for Avoiding Order Fees
Kentucky Center Membership
All order fees are waived for Members who order through the Kentucky Center Membership Hotlines. To inquire about additional benefits and/or becoming a Member, please call the MembersFirst Hotline at (502) 566-5144.
Purchase in-person at The Kentucky Center Box Office counter or drive-thru
- All order fees are waived for in-person purchases made at the box office.
- The box office is located at 501 W Main St.
- Box office hours: Monday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., and Sunday, noon – 5 p.m.
- Drive-thru hours: Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- The Drive-thru window is located under the building. From Main, turn right just before the intersection of Main and Sixth streets.
Kentucky Center Presents Group Sales
- Call (502) 566-5152 Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. to inquire about group discounts on Kentucky Center Presents performances.
- When applicable, groups of 10 or more save 10% and receive reduced order fees.